Posted by Jennifer Triassi, Yoga Instructor and Young Living Independent Distributor
Whenever I’m telling someone about Young Living’s Premium Starter Kit, and I mention Frankincense, I’m often asked, “You mean what the wise men gave the baby Jesus?”
Yes, we’re talking about the same oil!
Frankincense is a pretty remarkable oil! It can be used in a variety of ways, most of which are associated with skin care! Consider any common skin issue, whether it be scars, stretch marks, wrinkles, blisters, cystic acne, Frankincense can help! Once I learned how beneficial Frankincense is for the skin, and how gentle and healing it is, it makes perfect sense that it would make a great new baby gift! Aren’t we moms always looking for gentle, healing lotions for our babies? (If you choose to use Frankincense on your little one, make sure to dilute.)
Frankincense is more costly than other essential oils, so it’s no wonder that it is right there alongside gold and myrrh! Considering its pricing, it makes Young Living Premium Starter Kit an even more remarkable deal! For $150, you receive a diffuser and 11 (yes, 11!) of the most popular everyday oils, including Frankincense! And it is one that you will truly use everyday! For example, I added a roller fitment to mine and I apply to my leftover pregnancy mask EVERY morning and night!
Here are some of my favorite ways to use Frankincense:
1. Scars and Stretch Marks: Apply 1 drop of Frankincense to scars and stretch marks twice a day to help them fade away.
2. Sun Damaged Skin and Sun Spots: Fade sun spots by applying a drop of Frankincense twice a day.
3. Acne Scars: Apply Frankincense to acne scars and red marks to speed healing and help them fade away.
4. Fight Wrinkles: Add a few drops of Frankincense to your moisturizing oil to fight aging and reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
5. Blisters: Apply a drop of Frankincense 3-5 times daily to speed healing.
6. Diffuse Frankincense or apply to the temples and back of the neck to improve concentration.
7. Ease coughing by applying a few drops of Frankincense to the chest.
8. Massage Frankincense oil into the fingernails and cuticles to support fingernail health.
9. Boost Your Mood: Apply 1-2 drops of Frankincense essential oil to the wrists and back of the neck to lift your spirits and reduce stress.
10. Massage 2-3 drops of Frankincense into your temples and on the back of your neck to relieve tension and anxiety.
11. Cystic Acne: Apply a drop of Frankincense to cysts to speed healing.
12. Apply a drop of Frankincense essential oil to warts twice a day until healed.
13. Dab a drop of Frankincense on bug bites to calm itching.
If you have any questions about Frankincense, or any other essential oils or the amazing Premium Starter Kit (which includes Frankincense), please contact me!
And don’t forget to join me for one of my yoga classes this week at Willow Tree Wellness! In every yoga class I teach at Willow Tree, I share a sample of the oil of the week with my students!