Being sick in the hospital is the pits...
But YOU can cheer up a child AND encourage reading by donating to our BOOK DRIVE!
From now until December 1st, we will be collecting NEW books to donate to Janet Weis Children's Hospital this Christmas so we can spread joy, cheer, and the love of reading.
Since the hospital will only accept NEW books, we encourage you to purchase a book through Scholastic Reading Club, which will also benefit Magic Carpet Preschool in Bloomsburg. Magic Carpet Preschool earns points from Scholastic, which can be cashed in for books and other learning materials for the school.
By donating just one book to our book drive, you'll be touching the lives of ill children and the children learning at Magic Carpet Preschool.
Plus, for every book you donate, you're name will be entered to win a Satin Hands gift set, perfect for preventing dry, cracked hands during the winter.
Here's how to donate:
1. Go to: www.scholastic.com/readingclub
2. Click the "Connect with your Teacher" button under the "First Time Here? Parents" tab.
3. Enter code: HDMGB
4. Magic Carpet's information will auto-populate. Click "Create Account"
5. Create an account and shop online for the book you'd like to donate.
6. At checkout, Click "Add a Child". Enter the first and last name of the child as BOOK DRIVE (this way we'll know your book is meant to be donated)
7. Forward your email receipt to email@example.com to be entered to win a Satin Hands gift set.
Remember, all book orders must be submitted by December 1st so we can deliver the books before Christmas. We'll receive the book orders directly and deliver them to the hospital for you.
We greatly appreciate your help as we work together to touch the lives of children through books! Contact us directly with any questions or assistance with book orders (570-317-2999).
Thank you so much for your support!
The Willow Tree Team